Monday, April 18, 2005

Iran records over 10,000 HIV/AIDS cases

TEHRAN (AFP) - Some 10,265 people in Iran are infected with the HIV virus and another 390 have full-blown AIDS, according to health ministry figures reported in the press.

According to the statistics, intravenous drug use is still the main cause of infection, narrowly followed by sexual contact. The reports did not say if the number of dead has risen from 1,041 -- figures confirmed by the health ministry in February -- since the first case was reported 18 years ago.

Most of the reported infections are men, with 9,751 cases, compared to 514 women.

But with testing facilities limited and sufferers often unwilling to come forward, experts estimate that as many as 40,000 people may be HIV positive, which can lead to AIDS.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some health and wellness clinic
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out health and wellness clinic

10:47 AM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some unc health care jobs
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out unc health care jobs

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading through your blog. You have quite some interesting topics. To further expand your content on your blog, try visiting mine at Genealogy Search. Maybe it will help one of your visitors to find a relative from the past or to look up ancestors. Thanks!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Just came across your corporations affected by computer viruses blog. I also have a corporations affected by computer viruses site that may interest your readers. Would love you to stop by for feedback

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about ky genealogy and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about ky genealogy so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by ky genealogy

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home